How to Optimize Nitric Oxide in the Human Body
How to Optimize Nitric Oxide in the Human Body?
Simplified Theory Of Disease, all disease is caused by only 2 things:
- Body is exposed to a toxin that interrupts the normal cellular function
- Body is missing an essential nutrient that disrupts normal cellular function
One of the end results is disruption of N.O. production, decreased circulation, increased Inflammation, oxidative stress, and immune dysfunction.
“SPECT stands for Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography. It is a nuclear medicine procedure widely used to study heart, liver, thyroid, bone, and brain problems. Brain SPECT imaging is a proven, reliable measure of cerebral blood flow. Because brain activity is directly related to blood flow, SPECT effectively shows us the patterns of activity in the brain. SPECT allows physicians to look deep inside the brain to observe three things: areas of the brain that work well, areas of the brain that work too hard, and areas of the brain that do not work hard enough.
A Healthy Brain, on SPECT, the surface of a healthy brain looks smooth with full and symmetrical blood flow and activity. This tells us that the brain is working the way it is supposed to. An Unhealthy Brain reveals many “holes” on the surface, which represent areas of low blood flow and poor activity because of damage from substance and alcohol abuse. Nitric Oxide Deficiency Causes Chronic Disease and Increases Sickness and Mortality from Viral Infection. So the most important thing you can do is enhance your body’s ability to make nitric oxide. Every single chronic disease is characterized by decreased blood flow to the affected organ/tissue. If you can restore blood flow and perfusion to every organ, tissue, and cell in the body, you can correct most if not all chronic diseases.”
How do we restore blood flow and perfusion to specific organs and tissue?
"Nitric oxide is required for red blood cell delivery of oxygen from the lungs to tissue. Prof. Stamler says "blood flow to tissues is actually more important in most circumstances than how much oxygen is carried by hemoglobin. The respiratory cycle is actually a three-gas system."
Clinical Consequences of Insufficient Nitric Oxide Production
- Vascular Dementia – Alzheimer's
- Small vessel disease
- Coagulation Disorders
- Heart Failure
- Acute Kidney Injury – Renal Failure
- Immune Dysfunction
As we age, we lose 85% of our ability to make nitric oxide.
How do we control and regulate Nitric Oxide production?
“Nitric Oxide is produced by two pathways: Oxidation of L-arginine (NOS) and Nitrate-Nitrite-Nitric Oxide. Each pathway provides about 50% of the total body N.O. production. Endothelial Production of N.O. Declines with Age
Atmospheric Nitrogen Cycle. The store of nitrogen found in the atmosphere, where it exists as a gas (mainly N2), plays an important role in life. Most plants can only take up nitrogen in two solid forms: ammonium ion (NH4+) and nitrate ion (NO3-). Most plants obtain the nitrogen they need as nitrate from the soil. When released, most of the ammonium is often chemically altered by a specific type of bacteria (genus Nitrosomonas) into nitrite (NO2-). Further modification by another type of bacteria (genus Nitrobacter) converts the nitrite to nitrate. All nitrogen obtained by animals can be traced back to the eating of plants at some stage of the food chain.”
“Humans need 300-400 mg nitrate necessary to see changes in blood pressure or improvement in exercise capacity. Estimated that the US population consumes ~150 mg of nitrate per day (over 2-3 meals). We are a Nitrate Deficient Population.
Nitrate is inert in Humans. Nitrate must be reduced to nitrite by commensal bacteria.
- 200 million Americans use mouthwash daily
- 200 million Americans use antacids daily
- 200 million prescriptions for antibiotics every year
Chlorhexidine Treatment Affects Diversity of Oral Microbiome And Nitrate Reduction in Healthy Subjects. One week of Chlorhexidine treatment causes a 26 mmHg increase in systemic blood pressure. This was associated with a change in bacterial communities that disrupted nitrate reduction and N.O. production.”
Can we overcome variability in nitrate reduction based on differences in oral bacteria?
“Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has been used as the mainstream of medical care throughout Asia for centuries. But it is still considered an alternative medical system in the western world. Mostly because of a lack of understanding of their mechanisms of action and/or the active compounds.
Many cardiovascular diseases are characterized by NO insufficiency. There are several published reports on the association of TCM and NO-related effects in the cardiovascular field. However, their mechanism of action is far from clear.”
Strategies to Restore Nitric Oxide
Things that disrupt nitric oxide production:
- Antiseptic mouthwash and fluoride. Stop using mouthwash and fluoride toothpaste.
- Antacids. Stop using antacids, specifically proton pump inhibitors
- Stop eating high carbohydrate and highly processed junk food. High glucose causes glycation of the enzyme that makes nitric oxide and stops it from working.
Things that promote or restore nitric oxide production:
- Healthy balanced diet with lots of green vegetables
- Moderate physical exercise
- Infrared light therapy or infrared sauna
- Safe and effective nitric oxide supplementation
ASL Deficiency is an Inborn Error In Metabolism. Hyperammonemia and:
- Progressive liver dysfunction and cirrhosis
- Neurological dysfunction independent of recurrent hyperammonemia
- Renal dysfunction
NOS Utilizes Intracellular L-Arginine from L-citrulline For N.O. Production
Mechanisms of N.O. on Skin and Anti-Aging
“Nitric Oxide dilates the capillaries and increases healthy blood circulation to the skin. The enhanced circulation helps to bring a flood of nutrients saturating the malnourished skin with a new life. It improves skin texture, elasticity, and thickness, stimulates cell regeneration, and restores moisture. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and creates tighter, smoother-looking skin. Biohacking your health, biohacking your body, and biohacking your mind.
New and Innovative Topical Nitric Oxide Serum - The FIRST and ONLY true Nitric Oxide-based anti-aging skincare serum. Nitric Oxide has been scientifically proven to increase nutrient-rich blood circulation to the skin. Restoring Nitric Oxide production in the small vessels of the dermis works within seconds to rejuvenate malnourished and aging skin.”
- Improves the texture of the skin
- Even the appearance of skin tone
- Increases elasticity
- Hydrating and moisturizing
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Creates Tighter, Smoother Looking Skin
Nitric Oxide and COVID-19
- N.O. is reported to improve oxygenation, an action needed as the disease progress
- N.O. decreases the propensity of blood to clot
- Recent clinical observations reveal endothelial cell infection and endothelins in COVID patients across the vascular bed in multiple organs
- Vascular endothelium is an active organ that is indispensable for the maintenance of vascular homeostasis; diminished N.O. levels and hypertension has been associated with high-risk patients
- Endothelial dysfunction and insufficient N.O. production is a principal determinants of microvascular dysfunction
- N.O. inhibits Coronavirus replication
- Access to SARS-CoV-2 virus to the cells is through the ACE2 receptor, and N.O. has been reported to alter the surface protein of SARS-1, implying that it is likely that N.O. may well prevent cellular penetration
“Nitric Oxide Inhibits the Replication Cycle of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus. Nitric oxide (N.O.) is an important signaling molecule between cells that have been shown to have an inhibitory effect on some virus infections. The purpose of this study was to examine whether N.O. inhibits the replication cycle of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS CoV) in vitro. We found that an organic N.O. donor, S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine, significantly inhibited the replication cycle of SARS CoV in a concentration-dependent manner. We also show here that N.O. inhibits viral protein and RNA synthesis. Furthermore, we demonstrate that N.O. generated by inducible nitric oxide synthase, an enzyme that produces N.O., inhibits the SARS CoV replication cycle.”
Biohacking to Prevent COVID or flu:
- Take 2 nitric oxide lozenges per day
- Take 3000 mg Vitamin C per day
- Take 5,000-10,000 units liquid Vitamin D per day (blood levels >80)
- Take 50 mg zinc per day
- Sit in an infrared sauna at temp >130 F for at least 20 minutes
- Use a hyperbaric oxygen chamber if available
People Get Sick for Two Reasons:
- The body is missing something that it needs
- The body is exposed to something toxic (infected root canals, chemicals, EMF, etc)
The result is loss of regulation of blood flow. Must replete missing nutrients and detox the body (infrared sauna, clean water, clean up infections).
Loss of Nitric Oxide Causes Human Disease
Clinical Strategies to replete N.O.:
- Supplement to standardize nitrate consumption
- Restore endothelial function (nitrate and nitrite)
- Stop smoking
- Stop antacids
- Start exercising
- Use an infrared sauna
- Use Fluoride-free toothpaste
- Discontinue mouthwash
BiohackingCongress Team is very grateful to Dr. Nathan S. Bryan, Nitric Oxide Biochemist & Physiologist, for joining the BiohackingCongress and giving a life-changing lecture.
Watch Dr. Nathan S. Bryan’s 40-minute lecture and 100+ lectures, panel discussions, and performances from renowned biohackers on biohacking your body with a BiohackingCongress year-long subscription. Get your access to a healthy future now!
Subscribe to watch more Videos with Top Biohackers. Stay tuned to the latest biohacking products for biohacking your health and biohacking for longevity.
Based on the lecture by Dr. Nathan S. Bryan